Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Speaking of Parties...

Cookies and Christmas just go together! There's peppermint cookies, sugar cookies, gingerbread men, spraetzles? jammies, and those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kisses on top. Just so many wonderful yummies! With so many cookies, some people have Christmas cookie parties - decorating parties, baking parties, exchanges, recipe swaps, etc. My neighbors do a cookies & beer exchange party. Bring 3 dozen cookies, take 3 dozen cookies or so. And they give out prizes. Last year I won! I found a place that makes edible pictures and I put characters from my books on cookies!


I also love going to a My Favorite Things party where we each bring 5 of our favorite things and go away with 5 new things. I'm bringing book lights and foot cream - for a soothing night ritual.

And neighborhood New Year's Eve parties are the best. Usually we get to bring the kids who run around in the basement while the adults socialize upstairs with the food. Ahh. Ring in the new year right, then walk home! We used to have it at our house when the boys were younger, now we let others have the joy of hosting.

How do you celebrate? What little favorite things would you share? And what goodies do you like to bring to parties?

3 comments:

  1. Love those ideas for parties! Our friends here used to have a Festivus party, but no more. Our house is too small to host a party. My parents used to have a huge party on Christmas Eve and all us kids would stay up late in the basement devising ways to get evidence of Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had any cookies yet because of my dental surgery, but I'll be making some soon with my nephews. :) Cookies are a tradition with me as well. I can't let a Christmas go by without making some to decorate. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had any cookies yet because of my dental surgery, but I'll be making some soon with my nephews. :) Cookies are a tradition with me as well. I can't let a Christmas go by without making some to decorate. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...