Friday, March 18, 2016

Fun for Kids - a New Game

Remember the old Telephone game? You whispered something to your neighbor and passed it on down the line to see if the last person got the phrase right.

Well, how many of you talk to text? I use it all the time, to the annoyance of my hub... But I love it because I'm so slow typing and usually mess up. The only problem is, many times the words don't come out right. I'm sure you've seen posted funny mistakes.

So here's my game. Tele-text!

Speak a long phrase into your phone and send it to a friend, no corrections. The friend speaks and sends it to another, and so on. The last player speaks/sends it to the original and sees what jumbled mess they end up with!

Anyone up for a game? I suppose email would work as well...

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes! I played with my son before I made the post to make sure that it worked! it got very silly!

      Delete
  2. Sorry Tara, I can hardly read this as a lot of the type is outside the main body of the blog and illegible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I posted my comment, it all changed and I could read it fine. Used to play that game on paper writing something and passing it on to the next person who would write something and fold over (hide) the first message before passing it on. Used to be very funny.

      Delete
    2. sorry it didn't work for you the first time! glad it worked the second time and glad you remember the game brings back fond memories for me!

      Delete
  3. That's hilarious! Phones make the weirdest corrections. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I talk text all the time and I'm really long winded. My kids and other family members have made me very conscious about checking and double checking for errors and auto correct before I hit the send button which I didn't do when I first learned of what I THOUGHT was this fabulous time saving, wonderful app. Lord have mercy, after reading some off the wall things I've sent to people I've cringed. Me, an adult, a writer, an attorney ... how could I be so negligent and irresponsible? Had I become such a lazy person or was I always in such a hurry that I couldn't bother to slow down and read the talk text before I hit send? Even worse, could I not bother to simply call the person on the telephone and speak to them directly to ensure that my message and tone of voice could not be misinterpreted? Modern day technology may have advanced us, but it has also hurt human connections and relationships. That's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree that technology has hurt our in person communication skills! i wish there was a way to reverse the nose in phone syndrome!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...