Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Key Lime Pie, Cheesecakes, & Cupcakes - A Love Story

Today, I'm saying to heck and hades with my diet. I've been craving key lime like nobody's business. When my cravings get this serious, it's time for me to cave (if only to prevent any potential homicides, I swear.).

And when I want key lime, the hardest decision to make is key lime pie vs key lime cheesecake. And then, do I make a whole pie? I really don't need to eat the whole thing. And I totally will. So enter my favorite solution to my favorite craving:

KEY LIME CHEESY CUPCAKES!
We love key lime pie so much we
had it for our wedding cake :-)

These bad boys have been a hit every time I've made them, AND it gives me an excuse to keep just a few for myself and get the rest of them out of my greedy, grubby hands.

---------------------------------------------------
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1 muffin pan (with 12 cupcake liners)
1 box vanilla wafers
2 limes
2 8oz packages philly cream cheese(softened)
3/4 Cups granulated sugar
1 8oz tub cool whip
1 can Reddi-whip


  • Prep the muffin pan by placing 1 liner in each muffin cup and then add 1 vanilla wafer to the bottom. Set aside.
  • Squeeze the juice from 1 lime
  • Mix softened cream cheese, sugar and fresh lime together w/hand mixer on low, until well blended. Taste the mixture to determine if there is enough lime flavor to your liking. If you desire a stronger lime flavor, add more fresh lime juice 1 tsp at a time.
  • Gently with a cake spatula fold in the 8oz tub of cool whip until all mixed in.
  • Fill the lined muffin cups to the top with the mixture, then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
  • Serve chilled with a dollop of reddi-whip and garnish with a thin slice of lime curled on top (optional).
-------------------------------------------------------

Now go forth and make cupcakes! And send me pictures so I can drool over them :-)




6 comments:

  1. Did you have these at your wedding? Is that where the Star Wars cake topper picture came from?

    I'll have to try this. It looks even easy enough for me to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a piece of cake! *snicker*
      We had a regular key lime pie for our wedding cake (that is the pic from our wedding, jedi cake topper and all ;-)). We fed everyone else bourbon bread pudding!

      Delete
  2. It looks easy enough for anyone to do Liz. Do you end up with 12 cupcakes Ashley and if so, what do you do with so many to ensure you don't devour the lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the dangerous part - you end up with enough mix for about 14 cupcakes. But in my mind, that's just enough extra to thoroughly enjoy licking the bowl clean :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds easy and delicious. Love sweet stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...